Six GREAT CONCERTS. Favourite artists from previous seasons and outstanding new talent present six great evenings of sublime music. Back again are the popular pre-concert talks in which the artists get personal about their music and their repertoire.
Returning are the Dover Quartet, violinists William Preucil and Joan Blackman, violists Yariv Aloni and David Harding, singers Martha Guth and Tyler Duncan, and pianists Erika Switzer and Arthur Rowe.
Newcomers to the festival this year are Cameron Crozman, one of Canada’s leading young cellists, playing his 1696 Stradivarius cello; Alexandra Preucil, violinist with the Cleveland Orchestra; and the Vetta Chamber Ensemble with First Nations storyteller Rosemary Georgeson.
And because it is all about the music, the popular pre-concert talks will introduce every concert this year. Come at 6:40 to hear the artists present their views on the works they will be playing.
VENUE & PARKING
All concerts take place at 7:30 PM in the Phillip T. Young Recital Hall, School of Music, UVic (View Map). Parking is just outside the School of Music. The parking meter is in the middle of the parking lot.
Please call 250-294-7778 if you need a seat at the end of a row, or a space for a wheelchair. A limited number of these seats are available.
- Seasons of the Sea: Vetta, Blackman, Georgeson Tuesday, July 25, 7:30 pm
- Tyler Duncan, Martha Guth and Erika Switzer Thursday, July 27, 7:30 pm
- William Preucil, Alexandra Preucil, Cameron Crozman and Arthur Rowe August 1, 7:30 pm
- William Preucil, Alexandra Preucil, Yariv Aloni, Cameron Crozman and Arthur Rowe Thursday, August 3, 7:30 pm
- Dover String Quartet Tuesday, August 8, 7:30 pm
- Dover String Quartet with David Harding Wednesday, August 9, 2017, 7:30 pm